Wednesday, August 21, 2013

HUMP DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I hate to start this Wednesday Weekend Warmup on a sour note, but a few days ago, Lee Thompson  Young, the star of Disney Channel's  first Original Series,  THE FAMOUS JETT JACKSON and TNT's RIZZOLI  AND ISLES, left the world at an all-too-early age. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his RIZZOLI  AND ISLES family.

Why does Britain keep leaving this blog? At least Holland's back, so welkom terug, (Welcome back!) and thank your wooden shoes for clip clopping this way!

If you haven't read SOB,  or Steve's Other Blog, you haven't missed a whole lot, but Serbia, Denmark, and Russia love it, so I must be doing SOMETHING right! You can check out the inaugural other blog at seblo2.blogspot.com . (That's Steve Eisenpreis' Blog 2.  blogspot.com!)

I  may have told you that I was walking in the Damon Runyon 5k to benefit cancer research at Yankee Stadium. Despite overcast skies for much of the morning, it was a great day out as people from all over New  York and New Jersey (and even Boston!) converged upon the Cathedral of Baseball intent on knocking cancer out of the park FOR GOOD! As I  am a walker and not a competitive runner, I elected to walk in the final heat. Unfortunately, I missed WNBC sports anchor/WWE locker-room reporter Scott Stanford who handled the MC duties, but I more than made up for it walking where 28 World Series championships have been won. I got to see the famous Yankee Stadium field as only players usually see it, and then climb ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE STADIUM! I know, sounds tedious and torturous, but once you've done it, you have the satisfaction of doing a good thing to help bring about the end of cancer. (I also got some practice going down the stairs of the Metro-North station at nearby 153rd Street!)

Hands, how many here are fans of the surviving LAW & ORDER series and their "ripped-from-the-headlines" dramas? WOW, either people want a hall pass to use the facilities or they still love L&O! Well, this just in, Yours Truly is working on a ripped-from-the-headlines LOVE STORY about a girl from Tennessee who works her way up to become the CEO of America's number one network and a guy from the Island who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth who leads the second largest cable company from sea to shining sea and....well, let's just say, even if they had all the TIME in the world, nobody could WARN HER about what was coming next! Watch this space as details on this literary labor unfold!

That's it for now, but see y'all in about 48 hours! (Boy, I'm  starting to sound like my characters! Is that...WRONG? Well, I don't want to be right!)

Bye, Buckaroos!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment