Monday, July 29, 2013

The Incredible Shrinking Audience

WHERE IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING I HOLD SACRED DID CANADA,SERBIA,  INDONESIA,BELGIUM, AND  POLAND GO?!?!?

I know, they're still on the map, but they have all disappeared from the Steve's Blog audience. I sure hope I haven't pirouetted over the sea-dwelling mammal, or, to put it another way, "jumped the shark!"

By the way,  I have more readers in Russia than I do in the good old USA. WHAT IN BENJAMIN FRANKLIN'S NAME IS UP WITH THAT?!?!? I DO love my Russian readers, although VERY recent events HAVE made me a little bit concerned, but YOU'RE ALWAYS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MORE FANS IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY! America, TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO GO TO  steveneisenpreis.blogspot.com AND READ STEVE'S BLOG! It's your PATRIOTIC DUTY! (BTW, tell Uncle Dudley in  Toronto, Cousin Jerzy in Warsaw, your Cousin Joe from Chicago who moved to Brussels to complete his Smurf collection. and those distant relatives in  Jakarta and in Belgrade that we  want THEM back too!)

IN OTHER NEWS,congratulations to New York Yankee captain Derek Jeter on driving home the winning run in yesterday's  home game against the Tampa Bay Rays. Reports of his professional demise have been greatly exaggerated! Alex "Lightning Rod" Rodriguez? Not so much. Major League Baseball has presented him with two options: Take a bonus and get docked a year, or just plain leave baseball forever. If I were you, A-Rod, I'd  take the latter. But don't think it hasn't been a barrel of laughs. IT HASN'T!

I have had the pleasure to know people in virtually all walks of life, but some of my best friends were once  FAST FOOD WORKERS! I know, about all you do is put on a dorky uniform,slap a patty on the grill, and ask the customers if they'd like fries with that, (Some  of my friends even go so far to compare fast food workers to drug dealers.) but agree or agree to disagree, you have to respect their American right to hit the streets and demand the right  to strike and livable wages. Guess THEY deserve a break! Any walking hash-slingers out there? Tweet me @SEisenpreis #NotLovinIt and if I like your tweet, I'll make a donation in your name to the USO, (http://www.uso.org) an organization that doesn't just TALK about supporting our troops, but puts its money where its mouth is. Mebbe our troops are more important than fast food workers, but they both SERVE humanity!

Some of the people I've had the pleasure to know have been radio DJ's, and although I never met him personally, many of them had the pleasure to know a veteran gabber from Dallas named David "Kidd" Kraddick. On the air, he had a very irreverent personality and loved to knock the wind from the sails of any celeb named Kardashian, but, off the air, he cared about the people in his community, the little people in particular. As a matter of fact, this past weekend, he was supposed to host a charity golf tournament to benefit his organization, Kidd's Kids, but when people noticed he didn't look well, he was rushed to a hospital where, at the all-too-young age of 53, he was taken from our midst by a brain aneursym and heart trouble. Kidd was heard on more than 100 radio stations coast-to-coast and seen on almost as many TV stations as part of the syndicated DISH NATION. Now those golden tones have gone silent, and Heaven is about to become a funnier place. Adios, amigo, and thank you for the music. (And the laughs.)

That's all for now, but I hope to see you all back here soon! (This means YOU, Canada, Belgium, Serbia, Indonesia and Poland!)

Bye, Buckaroos!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment