Monday, July 10, 2017

201 KEVIN KLEIN RETIRES!

I know what you're about to say: "HEY, STUPID, HOW CAN HE RETIRE WHEN HE'S DOING EVERYTHING FROM "PRESENT LAUGHTER" ON BROADWAY TO "DISNEY'S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" TO "BOB'S BURGERS" ON FOX? DOES A HUMAN ENERGIZER BUNNY LIKE THAT LOOK LIKE A CANDIDATE FOR AN AARP CARD?"

First of all, don't call me Stupid, second of all, I didn't say Kevin Delaney K-L-I-N-E, America's greatest Shakespearean actor, husband of Phoebe Cates and proud papa of Owen and Greta was hanging it up any time soon, and third, and most important of all, Kevin R. K-L-E-I-N, a current New York Ranger (defenseman, to be exact) and former Nashville Predator, is the one who's calling it a career after 13 years on the ice at the advanced age of...32.

Although actors are also athletes in their own way, K-L-I-N-E's L-I-N-E of work is less taxing than Kevin the Younger's, but K-L-E-I-N has sacrificed more for his art than Kevin the Elder, suffering from back spasms (2016-17), and even losing part of his ear in combat. (At least Mike Tyson didn't have him for dinner!)

I can't honestly blame Kevin the Younger for saying goodbye when he did. He's already led a full life playing for the Predators in both the show and on the farm team (Milwaukee)  from 2004 until his trade to New York for Michael del Zotto and racking up an impressive total of 627 points, but athletes are, sadly, only human, and not as invincible as Superman or Wonder Woman.

We wish Kevin K-L-E-I-N all the best in his second act, but we would be remiss if we didn't wish Kevin K-L-I-N-E much continued success. Both guys have been doing a great job and should keep up the incredible work. Do I have to spell it out for you?

C-YA!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment