Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Upon Further Review:

 You may recall my confession that I had Phyllis George all wrong by reading about her trials and tribulations in YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE! How THE NFL TODAY Revolutionized Sports Broadcasting.

Well, some time after I asked my friends, including two renowned Rabbis at Temple Emanu-El, if they got my glowing review, I decided to log on to Amazon and order their last like new copy of her autobio: NEVER SAY NEVER:TEN LESSONS TO TURN YOU CAN'T INTO YES I CAN and it was good.

THENNNNNNN she lost me at "Dr. Norman Vincent Peale."

As in the person who was her spiritual guide.

I know, never speak ill of the dead.

Especially at this time, Halloween, when many cultures believe the dead will walk the Earth to gain their revenge.

Although the book DOES boast interviews with people I've always either loved or respected like Larry King, Roger Staubach, Walter Cronkite and Paula Zahn, she DID profess her love for the same guy who inspired PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP.

And we know what we think of HIM, right?

I believe I was right the first time about Phyllis George.

I know you must hate me wherever you are, GEORGE (I still love the way Miss Piggy addressed her on The Muppet Show!), kick a touchdown at me, try to bean me with your Miss America scepter, but I stand by my story.

I rate this sorry excuse for a book OFFENSIVELY FOUL, DELAY OF AFTERNOON,READ A BETTER BOOK.

Oh, and Happy Halloween to those who celebrate.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment