Monday, March 23, 2015

3.8 TOOT TOOT! Or, In Which Our Blogger Blows His Own Horn

It's sad but true...In the 24-hour news cycle, "If it bleeds, it leads." Which makes it even better when you can lead with some good news. Ironically, this good news concerns SB 3.7, wherein I said goodbye to a master of reporting news, good and bad, Lisa Colagrossi. While it was hardly a happy occasion, I AM happy to report that not only can you find a link to the blog in its entirety on http://facebook.com/ScottShannonWCBSFM , (Yes, True Believers, I have been linked by the Man himself, the Broadcasting Hall Of Famer, the rammin' jammin' Michael Scott Shannon, and not only did he apologize for reprinting it without permission, and not only did I forgive him unreservedly, but he also said it was a beautiful post. Do I have great friends or what?!?) but this particular post is (Drumroll,please.) THE MOST-READ POST IN STEVE'S BLOG HISTORY!

Look at the numbers, folks, 345 page views in the United States alone, 4 in the United Kingdom, 2 in Canada, and one each in Germany, Israel, Lebanon,Singapore,Russia AND Ukraine! To be perfectly honest with you, boys and girls, I was worried that readership of this blog would be limited to the US in general and those markets Lisa called home. Thanks for proving me wrong!

You may have heard me say it before, but I'll say it again: Scott Shannon is not just the consummate radio professional having worked his way up from the South to the Big Apple, the world's toughest market, but he is also a guy who truly cares about everybody who listens to him, who works with him, who makes contact with him in one form or another. While Imus and Stern get all the press, Scott has more talent in his little finger than they have COMBINED! His positive reaction to my blog is the greatest vote of confidence a guy can have!

Ladies and gentlemen, I know there are a gazillion blogs on the internet. I just thank you for reading THIS blog and I look forward to your continued support.

For now, friends, this blog is over. Thank you again and GO IN PEACE!

Steve out!

No comments:

Post a Comment