Tuesday, November 3, 2015

147 "When I Make A Mistake, It's A Beaut!"-Yogi Berra

If this blog begins to remind you of MTV in its early years, it's because, as I told a selected few readers,I thought radio personality Rick Dees' 1984 parody of  tearjerking 1970's ballads, "Eat My Shorts," summed up my feelings for the New York Mets after they disappointed me and my fellow New Yorkers by losing the World Series to the Kansas City Royals 3-1.

Unfortunately, two people I really love, Dear Old Mom (Bettijane Eisenpreis) and a guy who used to LOVE to play that song before he changed stations and became a "kinder, gentler DJ", I refer to Scott Shannon, aren't very, as the Donald would say, "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE" fans of that song, which Mom considers undignified.

In retrospect, that wasn't one of my best decisions, in fact, it borders on cyber-bullying. I would like to apologize to all those I have offended, and to the Mets themselves, and congratulate them, and the Royals, on winning their respective championships, and the Royals on becoming champions of the baseball world.

As for why I posted the official music video for "Goodbye To You" by Patty Smyth and her 80's group Scandal, I believe it conveys similar emotions to "Eat My Shorts," but in a less offensive manner. (I noticed I picked up a lot of views around the world for "Shorts." I leave you to draw your own conclusions about the world's taste in comedy.)

Sometimes I fear we've become too politically correct. (And I repeat the words of Raven, a character from DC Entertainment's TEEN TITANS GO!, a comedy-centric reboot of TEEN TITANS, a series which also featured serious episodes, "Yeah, have a laugh every once in a while!") I thought what was funny in the 80's would retain its comic value, but apparently, I was wrong. The joke was on me.

Although this remains STEVE'S Blog, STEVE's platform, STEVE's soapbox, (Thanks for the inspiration, Stan!) and the place where STEVE can share STEVE's views. STEVE, I mean, I promise to maintain the high quality of this blog and not stoop to the level of people such as Howard Stern. (Unfortunately, I used to put that guy on a pedestal! WHAT was I thinking?!?)

Two people who, tragically are no longer with us, talk show king Johnny Carson and New York late night jockette Allison Steele "The Nightbird" each used to say, "If I said what I'm thinking right now, this place would be a parking lot!" I think "Steve's Parking Lot" doesn't have that oomph I'm looking for. I apologize to you, my loyal readers, and, of course, the New York Mets, and I promise, I won't say what I'm thinking when I'm thinking something so tasteless. (BTW, I DON'T apologize to Screen Media Ventures, Inc. for my last blog. SO THERE!)

NEXT: My thoughts on the series, edited so as not to further tread on any feelings.

Steve out!


1 comment:

  1. Apology duly noted. The reason I took issue with you was that you are usually pretty good-natured and accept life's little bumps in the road.

    ReplyDelete