Tuesday, November 3, 2015

148 Goodbye, Mutts and Good Riddance!

Remember when I re-wrote "I'm A Believer" to tell the world I love the Mets and I couldn't leave them if I tried?

Well, I didn't have to try very hard. They made leaving VERY easy when they lost Game 4 of the World Series to the Kansas City Royals. In case you missed Sunday night's fiasco, Matt "Dark Knight" Harvey had pitched eight solid innings of shutout baseball when manager Sandy Alderson tried to take the ball from him and tell him gently he did a great job and he could rest. Against his better judgement, Matt decided on one more inning before kissing the Mets 2-0 lead goodbye. The Royals tied it up and then tacked on five extra runs, thus writing a tragic end to the Flushing Avengers' dream season.

I know, I know, I just congratulated them on a job well done, but you know what? The Mets have NOT made a loyal fan out of me!  Au contraire, the Mets have embarrassed this otherwise great city by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory  and totally ruining what could have been the greatest dramatic performance off Broadway.Next year, I'll be back at the House That Ruth Built on 161st Street and River Avenue in The Bronx, New York, cheering on baseball's original class act, the NEW YORK YANKEES! I can't wait to see the Bronx Bombers continue their hunt for their 28th World Championship, and I hope the Mutts, I mean the Mets, get a hole-in-one on the golf course!

LET'S GO YANKEES!
LET'S GO RANGERS!
LET'S GO KNICKS!
LET'S GO GIANTS!

Steve out!

No comments:

Post a Comment