Sunday, July 14, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: No "Glee"

I have a confession to make: I have NEVER,EVER,EVER watched "Glee" from opening tease to closing credits.

Everything I know about the show I know from secondary sources.

I watched its inspiration, Disney's HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL trilogy, and since I knew "Glee" was intended as a very unsentimental satire, I avoided it like the plague.

Nevertheless, I was still shocked to hear that one of its stars, Cory Montieth, was taken from us yesterday.

Vancouver police suspect no foul play. A complete autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

According to sources at ABC News,Cory checked into the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in  Vancouver on the 6th, and was supposed to check out yesterday. When he didn't, the staff went to his room and found his body.

What makes this all the more shocking is that 31-year-old Cory was just getting his life back on track after dealing with addiction.

My thoughts and prayers go out to my "Gleek" friends, as well as to those who have worked with him these past years, especially Jane Lynch, better known on the show as Sue Sylvester and currently playing Miss Hannigan in the Broadway revival of "Annie" at the Palace Theatre.

The "Cheerios" may have lost a voice, but the Heavenly Choir is about to welcome a new addition.

Happy Trails, Buckaroo.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment