Sunday, July 21, 2013

Good Night, Canada!

What is it with me and CANADA?!? One week I welcome them back, the next week, they dump me again! If you remember the fantasy sequences on "Ally McBeal," when  Ally dumped a guy, they always showed the unlikely fella running for his life before ultimately landing in the dump truck, and it seems that I'm back in the dump truck with the Maple Leaf painted on the side.

What's up with you,Canada?  (Oh, by the way, that title refers to an in-joke from ESPN's PTI: PARDON THE INTERRUPTION when their Canadian affiliate, TSN, cut away from the last five minutes of the show and the hosts, Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon, started saying nasty, but justifiably nasty, things about Canada. TSN subsequently changed its mind and started broadcasting PTI in all its glory. Now every show ends with Tony waving the Maple Leaf and saying, "Good night, Canada!" Now, back to the rant.) Did you hear me, even ONCE, taking a page from 96.3 WDVD morning jock Blaine Fowler's book and calling you
"America,Jr." or "Britain,Jr.?" I DO and DO and DO for you guys, and THIS is the thanks I get?!?

OK, Canada, if THIS doesn't get you back, nothing else will:

STEVE'S PEERLESS PIGSKIN PREDICTIONS

CFL Grey Cup 2013

EDMONTON   17
TORONTO       52

And you can take that to the bank!

Thank you for listening, now PLEASE start reading this blog again!

As for you, my fellow Americans, and the fine folks of Germany,Russia,Poland,Serbia,Indonesia and Holland, keep up the great work and I'll see you back here soon!

Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment