Saturday, June 22, 2013

Meet The New Boss...Better Than The Old Boss!

Good morning, afternoon, or evening America, Russia, Germany, Denmark, Indonesia,Holland, and all the ships at sea, (Was  it something I said, Canada? I noticed your name wasn't in the audience stats. I've got something nice planned for Canada Day. PLEASE come on back!) as a great man once said, let's go to press.

As longtime readers of this blog know, this very blog was  inspired by two very good friends in the New York Rangers front office. As  of yesterday, June 21,2013, (Happy Summer to all our Western Hemisphere readers!) Alain Vigneault is...(Pause for dramatic effect.) THE NEW HEAD COACH OF THE NEW YORK RANGERS!

Yes, friends, our long national nightmare (OK, our long REGIONAL nightmare!) is over, and contrary to rumors, the Rangers didn't ask any of their ex-players to come back and steer the ship. Monsieur Vigneault is an experienced coach with the Montreal Canadiens and Vancouver Canucks who also has experience as a player with the St. Louis Blues AND a junior hockey coach. Face it, friends, this guy knows his way around!
He's  EXACTLY what the Rangers need to bring Stanley back (That's the Stanley Cup, by the way.) to his rightful home at Madison Square Garden. LET'S GO RANGERS! ALLEZ, ALLEZ,ALLEZ! (Hey, I'm nothing if not billingual!)

If you're just joining us,  (And where have YOU been?) I'm planning a fantastic Fourth Of July long weekend (Five days, to be exact.) in beautiful Harrisburg, PA, and The Sweetest Place On Earth, Hershey, PA. If you've been following the news about Harrisburg proper, you may be aware that they're recovering from a fiscal crisis.As a New Yorker, I totes understand what they're going through. We've been to the  bad place and back, but we've never said die. Not everything I want to see will be available, I understand that, but I have every confidence in the resillience of the people of Harrisburg and I trust the police and sheriff's deputies will protect me well. I read the Mayor's (of Harrisburg) State Of The City address, and it sounds like she has everything under control. New businesses have been coming to town, including, much to the chagrin of my trainer,Qdoba Mexican Cafe, which is owned by Jack In The Box, or, as said trainer has been
known to call it, "Crack In The Box." (At least you don't have to scream your order into a clown's head!)
I've been watching the only streaming local TV newscast from Harrisburg, courtesy of FOX 48,and I've noticed they've had live webcam footage of Times Square. Yep, THAT Times Square, as in New York, New York! I don't know what this says about the people of Harrisburg, but I DO find that ironic! Of course,
you'll hear all about my trip when I come back on July 6.

For now, friends, the blog is over. GO IN PEACE!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment