Saturday, June 29, 2013

Gone Fishin'!

Well, ladles and jelly-pickles,after twenty-three mildly magnificent blogs, (actually twenty-two blogs and one mini-blog, but who's counting?)the time has come.

Effective immediately, Steve's Blog takes a well-needed week for some R&R. I'll be taking my Fourth of July long weekend in the beautiful Hershey-Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania. Unlike some people  who like to fire up the old grill and hit the pool on the Fourth, I  like to devote my Independence Day vaycays to the people and things that made us the great nation we are. Yes, O Non-Believers, I still think we are a great nation! Despite what might be happening on our streets and with people such as MR. Snowden, America remains  the strongest, freest, safest nation on Earth. We may have taken our lumps, but we always come back swinging, and nobody, not Osama, not Snowden, not Hussein, not Hitler, not Borat (I STILL refuse to dignify the surviving Boston bomber by giving his real name!) can take that away!

OK, as I was saying, I've been to Walt Disney World, named for the father of the theme park,Salem,MA, the site of the notorious Witch Trials, witch, I mean, WHICH may have been the low point of our colonial history,and Colonial Williamsburg,where "historical interpeters" present a well-researched portrayl of life in one of America's first capitals. (I also visited Jamestown, the first settlement in North America, where Captain John Smith was rescued by Pocahantas. I saw HER interpeter at WDW the year before, but,understandably, she was more similar to the Disney movie than than how the real-life Pocahantas may have acted.) This year, I'm  going to Harrisburg, which is celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War (or War Between The States,if you prefer), and Hershey, founded by the man who made chocolate available to the great multitude.On my bucket list are Cooperstown, NY, home of the National Baseball Hall of Fame,
Canton, OH, home of the Football Hall of Fame, and Cleveland, home of the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame.Sure beats grilling!

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our followers, but, America, Russia,Denmark,Germany,Mexico,Britain and Holland,(Come on back, Canada!) let not thy heart be troubled, I SHALL RETURN on July 6 with a complete report, BUT if something REALLY important happens, I'll break in with a special blog.

Thank you Bettijane Eisenpreis, (What's a little nepotism between friends, huh?) Nicole Vranzian, Gretchen Muller for your support these first three months and thank the rest of you for reading. As a great Mouse once said, "Seeya real soon!" (Thank you, too, Google, for having a sensahumor about my little asides!)

On behalf of the management and staff, this is your announcer leaving you with the immortal words of George Washington after he removed his wooden teeth: "Mmmmmmph! Mmmmmmph! Mmmmmmmmmph!"

Bye Buckaroos!
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment